[GRASS-user] LiDAR interpolation (v.surf.bspline)

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:50:28 EST 2011

Dears,

First, please forget about my previous msg on 3D view. Any number of
maps are allowed, I just took a littler longer than usual to find it.

Now, I'm working with LiDAR data. From the wiki, interpolation with
v.surf.bspline should be used, and:

> # Estimation of lambda_i parameter with cross validation (watch for RMS!)
> # and note use of bicubic for DSM and bilinear for DTM here and below

My question is *why* use bicubic for DSM and bilinear for DTM?

Is that because a bilinear will result in more sharper limits for buildings?

Also, the wiki page and man pages for v.lidar.* cite examples of lidar
data with two returns. How well should the commands run with 4
returns? Any big changes
in th procedure explained in the wiki?

best

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil