[GRASS-user] Re: From 3d vector to DEM

Joba Joost.bakker at groenejoule.nl
Sun Jan 30 06:24:07 EST 2011

The drawing is indeed a model of a building. My purpose is to make a
calculation of solar irradiance and calculate the effect of shadow on an
installation of PV-panels. So first step is to create a DEM of the buildings
(and trees) of interest.

I managed to import the Google Sketchup collada file via Meshup (dxf). Small
issue is that the model seems to be in inches now in Grass, but i will look
into this.

Biggest issue i have is to get from the 3d-vector (faces) to isolines.

I'm happy to contribute to the wiki if i find a way to get this done!