[GRASS-user] LiDAR interpolation (v.surf.bspline)

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Mon Jan 31 03:34:00 EST 2011

Hamish wrote
>if you don't like the gridding aspect of it, and the lat/lon for
>all 4 retuns is identical, a small python or awk script could do
>the pre-processing for you in a simple and clear way.

Just to add my experience - I use awk to get a handle on the lidar xyz files
(number of points, min, max, outliers etc) and filter for return (or scan angle
etc) before importing into GRASS or any other software for that matter. Works
like a dream and much faster than importing through software for the same
information.

Carlos, if you want any pointers just let me know (though I am sure you're
probably much more experienced than a noobie like me!)

Cheers,
Rebecca
Post-graduate Researcher
Bournemouth University, UK