[GRASS-user] Problem with display resolution / resampling / smoothing

sleepysebi sleepysebi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:40:10 EDT 2011

Hello,

since April I'm working with GRASS and I think by now I got the basics.
Now I'm working with high resolution satellite data, looking for small
structures in ice.
My Rasterimages have got a resolution up to 2.5 meters per pixel, but most
of the time
I don't zoom in that far.
So the Problem is, when zoomed out GRASS doesn't displays the raster the way
I want it to.
To me it seems that it's a problem with resampling the image when
displaying, but I'm not shure if I'm missing something.
To make it clear I made a little screenshot:

http://imageshack.us/f/225/resamplecomparison.png/

So when at the same zoom lvl in EOG, it does some kind of 'smoothing' which
looks way better.

I know I can use *r.resamp.interp to resample, using lanczos for example,
but this is more for the final output, not for working inside GRASS
(vectorizing,...).

So hopefully someone has an idea.
Thank you so far,

Sebastian