[GRASS-user] Problem With The Module r.colors

trung dung honglove999 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 21:30:57 EDT 2011

Dear GRASS community
I recently jumped into a problem while using the module r.colors to assign the color to the raster file.
I have a landuse map (in vector format) with ID field (e.g 1, 2, 3 etc). Each kind of landuse has a color which is defined by three other fields: red, green, blue. After rasterizing the vector file using the ID field.  I'm trying to assign color to the landuse raster by using the module r.colors. I prepare a rule file in the following format:
1 255:50:63
2 255:87:96
end

then I saved this file with the name rule.file. After that, I ran the r.colors module using this rule file and the following error appeared:
"ERROR: "color", "rules", and "raster" options are mutually exclusive"
Here is the whole command line
"r.colors map=landuse color=rules rules=/home/hongluan/rules.file"
I'm using GRASS 6.4.1
Hope you can help me with this one
Thanks in advance