[GRASS-user] Using g.extension on Ubuntu 11.04

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 25 12:02:40 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Glynn wrote:
>> Modify the g.extension script to use sudo rather than "su -c ...".
>
> I've already done that. Try the -u flag.

I have drastically simplified g.extension to two lines, being
a wrapper for the way better g.extension.py which is included
in the wxGUI of 6.4 and 6.5.

Find it attached. In my opinion there is not much point to
continue to hack the shell version if the Python script does
it much better. Of course you need Python being installed.

I didn't submit it yet to SVN.

Markus