[GRASS-user] Using g.extension on Ubuntu 11.04

S. Koukoulas sotkouk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 13:36:14 EDT 2011

I had this problem as well and I used a "user level" solution....
I started grass with sudo (sudo grass) and then created a new mapset (u
can' t have access to the previous ones) to enter grass.
After that you can install extensions without being prompted for a root
password. Then exit and enter grass as usual.
hth,
sotiris