[GRASS-user] Setting Region from Display

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 27 13:03:29 EDT 2011

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  I use d.zoom to set the extents I want for the project mapset and see the
> northern and eastern coordinates of this area. If I use g.region
> n=<values> e=<values> res=30 I assume that the southern and western bounds
> will be calculated as a round number of the resolution within the
> displayed window. Is this correct?

   Searching my saved mail list threads I found the answer: v.in.region
out=<region_name>. However, I have not found the follow up to this: now that
I have defined my limited analytical region, how do I clip the large maps
(and their associated attribute data) to this area?

   For example, there are almost 805,000 stream/river reaches in the state
and many fewer in my area of interest; there are 4204 drainage basins
(12-digit resolution) in the state and only about 18 within my analysis
area.

   What command deletes everything outside the current region?

Rich