[GRASS-user] Renaming Location

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Jul 28 14:16:42 EDT 2011

Martin Landa wrote:

> >  What is the recommended procedure for renaming a LOCATION? I don't find
> > anything that appears appropriate in the g.* manual.
>
> just rename directory of the location

FWIW, this won't be sufficient if maps (etc) in another location
reference the old location; renaming the location directory will
result in references to a non-existent location.

I don't think that there's a list of files which would be affected.
Off the top of my head, there's the "colr2" directory, the cellhd file
of reclass maps, and REF files for imagery groups and subgroups.

There are also fully qualified names in history, titles, comments,
etc, but those are purely cosmetic.