[GRASS-user] Raster Map Does Not Display When Region Changed

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jul 29 14:21:39 EDT 2011

Rich Shepard wrote:

>    The region for the PERMANENT mapset covers the entire state. The region
> for the project mapset covers the project area and the drainage basins it
> intersects.
>
>    The DEM in the PERMANENT mapset displays properly when that mapset's
> bounds are used for the region. However, the portion of the DEM within the
> project area does not display when the region is set to that mapset.

A mapset doesn't have a region. There's the current region, stored in
the current mapset's WIND file, and the default region, stored in the
PERMANENT mapset's DEFAULT_WIND file.

>    My understanding has been that the raster map would display only the
> smaller area when the region is smaller than the entire map. This appears to
> not be the case here.

It should be the case.

>    What might I be doing incorrectly?

Unfortunately, I have no idea. It might help to provide more
information: the map's region (r.info), the current region, which
commands you are using (d.mon or wxGUI?), etc