[GRASS-user] ARC GRID File Won't Import

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 29 18:25:14 EDT 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Daniel Victoria wrote:

> I believe r.in.gdal will import ArcGrids. did you try that?

Daniel,

   You are certainly correct; r.in.gdal is the module to use. I'll try to
remember this the next time. :-)

   Despite using the -o flag to change the source coordinates from Lon/Lat to
the SPCS projection of the destination, that did not work as expected; the
coordinates of the DEM remain lon/lat. There also appears to be a bug in the
GUI version of g.in.gdal because the command line shows in=" " rather than
the file name entered in the dialog box.

   Actually, I have the map imported in location Nevada-ll and want to
reproject it to Nevada-spcs. Here's the results of trying this on the
command line:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-spcs):~/grassdata/Nevada-spcs > r.proj -l
loc=/home/rshepard/grassdata/Nevada-ll mapset=PERMANENT
ERROR: Mapset <PERMANENT> in input location
        </home/rshepard/grassdata/Nevada-ll> - not found

   Same thing with the GUI.

   I cannot figure out what happened.

   Any ideas?

Thanks,