[GRASS-user] Import vector: illegal filename

deagon tylerdrudolph at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 11:27:42 EDT 2011

Here is a link to a previous discussion about the following error message:
"Illegal filename.  Character not allowed."

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/List-of-illegal-characters-for-filenames-td5669950.html#a5671015
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/List-of-illegal-characters-for-filenames-td5669950.html#a5671015

Do these rules also apply to field names in attribute tables?  I ask b/c I
get an error with the following filenames, which appear to conform with the
rules (as underscores are permitted):

My input vector layer = "Forest_District"
My output vector map = "Forest_District"

I have yet to succeed in opening a single shapefile in GRASS.  I am using
the QGIS interface currently and I can provide any information the forum
requires.

Deagon