[GRASS-user] Changing/Applying appropriate raster colors

Chethan S. chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:59:32 EDT 2011

Hi all!

I use 'i.maxlik' for image classification. The output obtained shows water
in green, built-up area in blue, vegetation in red and so on. It would be
appropriate if water appears blue and I had the ability to customize other
colors. Where and how do I specify these details in my sequence of
operations which is as follows:

   1. Vector layer containing training sites imported from QGIS
   2. Conversion of vector to raster
   3. Generation of signature sites using i.gensig
   4. Classification using i.maxlik

I tried adding a column(inputs 'varchar') "color" with RRR:GGG:BBB values to
my vector generated in first step but the colors didn't come according to
that in the final output.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.