[GRASS-user] Writing a script for image classification

Chethan S. chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:09:31 EDT 2011

Hi all!

Will it be possible to write a simple script for image classification
routine? Basically I have several image groups/subgroups in same/different
mapsets in GRASS. I perform supervised classification with the following
routine:

   1. Vector layer containing training sites imported from QGIS - same sites
   to be used for all image groups/subgroups
   2. Conversion of vector to raster
   3. Generation of signature sites using i.gensig - here the usage of
   groups/subgroups arise
   4. Classification using i.maxlik

So far I have been doing all these operations using GUI but now I want to
become a power user. Can anyone give me a brief overview/outline of how a
script would look like for my purpose. I did look into the wiki pages but
wasn't able to understand it. So I seek suggestions from regular script
users in this community.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.