[GRASS-user] Movement Cost: Euclidean results?

David davd1010 at live.de
Wed Jun 8 08:01:11 EDT 2011

Dear GRASS-users,

I want to obtain a movement cost layer (r.walk) which only regards pure
walking cost (without a friction layer). I've generated a 32 bit geotiff
DEM (not too big) and a constant value = 1 grid as friction surface (for
being neutral). Unfortunately GRASS only gives me a symmetrical result
as there would be no relief.
Is is not possible to perform a simple movement-cost analysis without
any optional friction maps? Using a constant value grid (or lamda = 0)
doesn't work unfortunately. I'm always getting symmetrical/euclidean
results.

Thank you!

Regards
David