[GRASS-user] R/GRASS - Using GRASS output tables in R

Tim Besser bessertim at gmx.de
Sat Jun 11 08:52:44 EDT 2011

Dear GRASS-users,

I think my upcoming question is quiet basic but however I could not find
a solution on my own so far. In GRASS you can export output tables via
">" to an external file. As I'm writing a script for data analysis in R
using spgrass6-package I'd like also to get the table (for example from
r.statistics, method=distribution) which is created in GRASS also as a
table or at least as single numerical values in R.

I tried my best with the "intern=T" command in R to write the output to
an R-object. That worked...However the values were then of class
"character". So what I did was using strsplit and in this way cutting
the object and using as.numerical. In the following step I created a
table. However, it's not very straight-forward and I am sure that there
is a "one command"-solution.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Tim