[GRASS-user] Proj.4 and ogr_csv

Roger Loweth roger.loweth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 07:37:05 EDT 2011

All,

Using Ubuntu 10.04 and Grass 6.4.0.

My understanding is that creation of a new Grass location accesses the
files gcs.csv and pcs.csv which are located (in my case) in
/usr/lib/grass64/etc/ogr_csv.

I believe also that m.proj and v.proj use the proj.4 library, which is
located in /usr/share/proj.

If I change the 7-parameter shift for a particular datum in gcs.csv, I
don't get the right answer when using m.proj or v.proj. Does this mean
that I also have to change the EPSG file in the proj.4 library? TO me,
this seems a bit dangerous. Maybe I should stick with doing the
transformations via direct calls to OGR?

Regards, Roger

Roger Loweth