[GRASS-user] g.extension copile failure

Alexandre Villers villers.alexandre at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:12:59 EDT 2011

Good evening,

I'm trying to install add-ons on GRASS 6.4.1 running on a Ubuntu 10.04 -
64 bits version with g.extension. I get this error message

/Fletching <i.landsat.acca> from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
A    i.landsat.acca/tools.c
A    i.landsat.acca/local_proto.h
A    i.landsat.acca/main.c
A    i.landsat.acca/description.html
A    i.landsat.acca/algorithm.c
A    i.landsat.acca/Makefile
  U   i.landsat.acca
Révision 46749 extraite.
mkdir -p /build/buildd/grass-6.4.1/bin.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Compiling <i.landsat.acca>...
mkdir: impossible de créer le répertoire «/build»:
Permission non accordée
make: *** [/build/buildd/grass-6.4.1/bin.x86_64-pc-linux-
gnu] Erreur 1
ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.
(Tue Jun 21 01:45:13 2011) Command finished (7 sec) /

I found a bug report <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1180> through a
message from Markus Neteler but I must confess that I did not really get
what was the solution ?

Thanks for any hint

Alex

P.S.: I guess it could be nice that some important points are included
explicitly in the help file of g.extension, such as "to use g.extension,
you need to install subversion as well as GRASS dev packages (on
Linux)". I know it is certainly obvious for people playing with GRASS
everyday but it could be useful for beginners and avoid the step "I run
the command, get an error message, try to understand why and fix it,
rerun the command, get another error message..." It is also highly
probable that I missed a key sentence/paragraph in a document I should
have read more carefully.