[GRASS-user] Removing inner lines in merged vector map

puffbunnyn arne.kaldhusdal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:32:08 EDT 2011

Hello

I have merged three CORINE vector maps for coniferous, broad-leaved and
mixed forests in order to create one general map for all forests as I need
to calculate the length of the forest edges.

After using v.patch (with flag e) to merge the maps I have tried my best to
remove all lines lying inside of boundaries so that only the outer
boundaries would be left - with no luck. The main problem should be that the
adjacent boundaries from the three maps have only been put next to another
and not really "merged" (this is not a problem concerning double
boundaries). Does anyone know how to cope with this? I have not been able to
find any posts regarding this problem and would really appreciate your help.

I am working with GRASS 6.4.0+42329 (2010) on Ubuntu

Thanks,
Arne

http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6505270/inner_lines.png