[GRASS-user] GIS Lock issue

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 23:32:35 EDT 2011

Dear List,

I am having GIS LOCK issue with a Location. Using my external storage
device, I replaced the Location on my HD with a slightly older version of it
(exactly the same name). However, at the start-up screen, the mapsets in
this location are greyed out and I get the following message:

/Users/bulentarikan/grassdata/TR_WGS84_37N/Tiles/.gislock: Permission denied
ERROR: /Applications/GRASS_6.5/GRASS-6.5.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/lock:
Unable to properly access
/Users/bulentarikan/grassdata/TR_WGS84_37N/Tiles/.gislock
Please notify system personel.
logout

I did a seach and saw several suggestions for Win users. I am running GRASS
6.5 svn (2011) on Mac OS 10.6.7 (Snow Leopard)

Thank you!

--
BÜLENT