[GRASS-user] R.sun use

simogeo simon.georget at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:27:28 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I'm trying to create a shadow map of buildings.
Well, I have a vector buildings map that I rasterized with Z values. This
worked ok.
I, then, generated slope map and aspect map  -which contains only null
values, but that's ok.

I'm trying now to generate a shadow map but I'm not able to. I did 2 things
:

1 - first, I tried the following script
/www.grassbook.org/scripts2nd/rsun_crop.sh.txt. It generates files but I get
nothing when displaying them and for now I don't want all these values but
just want to understand better how it works.

2 - I want then to run that simple command line :

r.sun -s elevin=bati_rast aspin=bati_aspect slopein=bati_slope day=82
time=16 glob_rad=bati_grad

but I'm still not able to display anything on my monitor (no irradiation nor
shadow).

For information, I use grass v 6.4.0+42329 and my raster is supposed to be
projected in Lambert 93 :

*g.region -p* gives me the following result :

/projection: 99 (Lambert Conformal Conic)
zone:       0
datum:      towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      769395.43918527
south:      768108.47249135
west:       401488.30985985
east:       403400.72187053
nsres:      0.99997412
ewres:      1.00021549
rows:       1287
cols:       1912
cells:      2460744
/

Do the /-s option/ work in both modes? In that case, what is returned when
no local time is given or when working in mode 2?

Help would be very appreciated!

Many thanks,
simo