[GRASS-user] Why does g.extension fail...?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 23:16:00 EDT 2011

sgw00412 wrote:
> I succeeded in installing d.barb the other day.
>
> Because d.barb was very wonderful addon,

thanks! beware some things don't work properly yet, e.g. the -r
flag and u,v from raster maps in certain conditions.
Also it seems that it might be a useful feature to have arrow
color and width taken from vector columns or raster maps.

> I tried installing to other PC.
> However, I fail in the installation....

just to note, g.extension is a rather new module and very tricky
to get right across all platforms.

the more feedback about what works and what doesn't the better,
so thanks.. n.b. things may be improved once the next round of
debian/ubuntu packages arrive.

if you are anxious for a solution right now, the surest way
is to build GRASS from source code, and copy the addon module
into the source tree after building, and `make` by hand.

Hamish