[GRASS-user] Re: Orthorectifying images

Stefan Sylla stefansylla at gmx.de
Wed Jun 29 02:46:14 EDT 2011

Dear Katrin,

just to make sure you're on the right track: is your imagery aerial (taken
from an airplane) or is it satellite imagery? As far as I know, GRASS only
supports ortho-rectification for aerial imagery, but cannot ortho-rectify
satellite images yet, e.g. like Quickbird or Ikonos Imagery.

I had this issue a couple of months ago and had to switch to OSSIM (Open
Source Software Image Map [1]) for ortho-rectification of Quickbird Imagery.

Good luck!

Stefan

[1] http://www.ossim.org/OSSIM/OSSIM.html