[GRASS-user] Why does g.extension fail...?

SGW00412 at nifty.com SGW00412 at nifty.com
Wed Jun 29 08:56:36 EDT 2011

Dear Hamish and all

> what versions of GRASS on each? from main ubuntu repositories
> or GRASS 6.4.1 from UbuntuGIS's PPA ubuntu repository?

Yes! grass6.4.1 from ubuntuGIS PPA repository.

> if the version of GRASS on each is the same, and all the same
> 32 or 64 bit, there's a good chance you could just copy
> the working d.barb binary from the one working system into the
> others. at least ubuntu 10.04 and lubuntu 10.04 should be
> identical. The VM installation method doesn't matter.

I'm lucky!

d.barb operated successfully! when copying this file, according to your comment.

Thank you for a lot of kind advices.

> you can force that to English by running "export LC_ALL=C"
> before the command you want to try; or by adding it on the same
> line as the command, like:
>
> GRASS> LC_ALL=C g.extension d.barb

I will confirm this tomorrow.

P.S
I began to understand the meaning of configure and make.
The time is necessary a little more.....

Best

Yasuo shimada (japan weather association)

---
Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>さん: