[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii: Cannot Close Attribute Table

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Mar 5 10:31:34 EST 2011

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, Martin Landa wrote:

> Set up default DB backend. Newly produced vector data will store it's
> attributes in this backend.
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass65/manuals/html65_user/grass-sqlite.html
>
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass65/manuals/html65_user/grass-pg.html

Martin,

   Will do. I've used sqlite extensively the past few years in the
approximate reasoning models I've developed. For use with GRASS, however,
postgres is the better tool because I can share tables among different
projects. I'm thinking of either having a single database for each state, or
using schemas (schemae?) so data (such as these water well logs) can be
shared with different GRASS mapsets (one mapset per project).

Toda,

Rich