[GRASS-user] Mosaic Images

Chethan S. chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:44:50 EST 2011

Greetings!

When I try to mosaic landsat images(just one band) which belong to adjacent
path-rows they do not mosaic properly. It appears as in the attached
screenshot. I have tried changing the order of images but just the
overlapping image changed. I have tried r.patch as well as i.image.mosaic
with region encompassing both the scenes. However if I mosaic the same
images in ERDAS Imagine there are no issues. Mosaiced  image will be simply
perfect except for brightness differences. ERDAS also provides options like
histogram matching to sort out such issues. So what is the way to mosaic
images in GRASS? Also is there any way to use specify options like
resampling, histogram matching in the process?

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6108043/mosaic.png