[GRASS-user] Some thoughts on wxGUI (GRASS Community Sprint)

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 03:01:44 EST 2011

Hello,
having console output in same window with layers is one of those small
tibits that make new GUI unproductive for daily use. Yeah, it might
hava bright future, but unless I can undock comand output to separate
window, it will continue to suck.

My proposal - do not try to copy ArcGIS/QGIS. With current manpower
and legacy we will not be able to do on same level or better. If it's
so - better don't. Keep GRASS different. Being able to drag separate
windows to different monitors etc. is one of GRASS strenghts.

Maris.