[GRASS-user] performing v.outlier - questions

TimNorwey timmy_weyrer at live.at
Sun Mar 13 16:23:08 EDT 2011

hy all!

I´m performing the module v.outlier on LIDAR data. I have approximately 3.2
million points. I imported them via v.in.ascii into GRASS GIS without any
problems. I used GRASS Shell within QGIS.

But during processing the module v.outlier some questions occurred.

1) Is it normal that the tool takes that much time? It needed about 9-10
hours. I think it is quite long.

2) During processing the module, some messages were shown within GRASS shell
that irritated me:

2.1) "WARNING: No data within this subregion. Consider changing the spline
step." --> Has this message any negative influence on the result? I couldn´t
find any information about this warning in the internet.

2.2) The message "here we are" was shown quite often ... see in the picture
below
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6167045/HereWeAre.png

3) When the module was finished and I tried to refresh the "Browser",
another warning occurred. It is shown in the following picture. I forgot to
make a screenshot of especially this warning, but it occurred some times
before, so I took one of my stored one...
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n6167045/Warning.png

Many questions, hopefully many answers.

Cheers Tim