[GRASS-user] 6.5svn build problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 14 14:05:28 EDT 2011

   Yesterday, 13 March, I ran 'svn up' to get the latest 6.5 source then ran
configure; make; make install. No errors reported. However, when I start
this version I see:

Welcome to GRASS 6.5.svn (2010)
GRASS homepage:                          http://grass.osgeo.org/
This version running thru:               Bash Shell (/bin/bash)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
If required, restart the GUI with:       g.gui wxpython
When ready to quit enter:                exit

GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-aea):~/grassdata > ERROR: Incompatible library version
for module. You need to rebuild GRASS
        or untangle multiple installations.

   I've no idea for which module there is an incompatible library version.
The latest 6.4svn code does not display this error when I fire it up. I'll
be happy to provide more information if one of you developers suggests how I
can generate more informative messages.

Rich