[GRASS-user] db.out.ogr: Syntax Correction

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 14 14:46:23 EDT 2011

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

> # Copy to postgres

   I had a syntax error in the db.copy command. 6.5 is running now, but I'm
now getting a different error. For background, db.connect -p shows:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-aea):~/grassdata > db.connect -p
driver:pg
database:host=localhost,dbname=nevada
schema:public
group:

So we're OK there.

   Now the db.copy command tells me of a missing dbf attribute table:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-aea):~/grassdata > db.copy from_dri=dbf to_dri=pg
to_data="host=localhost,dbname=nevada" from_tab=at_risk_species
to_tab=at_risk_species
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Table 'at_risk_species' doesn't exist.
Error in db_open_select_cursor()

   Yet, when I look in that directory, there it is:

[rshepard at salmo ~/grassdata/Nevada-aea/PERMANENT/dbf]$ ls
at_risk_species.dbf

   Is this a syntax error on my part?

Thanks,

Rich