[GRASS-user] db.out.ogr: Syntax Correction

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Mar 14 15:08:01 EDT 2011

Hi

 >> Why don't you try with g.copy?
>
> My reading of the man page is that g.copy copies maps from a non-current
>mapset to the current one. I don't see how to use this to copy attribute
>data from dbf to pg.

db.connect  - Prints/sets general DB connection for current mapset and exits.
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/db.connect.html

just an example:

location abc with two mapsets

mapset dbfASdb <= with dbf as DB set by db.connect
mapset pgASdb  <= with pg as DB set by db.connect

if you g.copy your vectors from mapset dbfASdb to mapset pgASdb, all the attributes are also
copied from dbf to pg.

HTH
Helmut

WEB.DE DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt mit
gratis Handy-Flat! http://produkte.web.de/go/DSL_Doppel_Flatrate/2