[GRASS-user] db.out.ogr: Syntax Correction [UPDATED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 15 11:26:22 EDT 2011

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Why is grass65 looking for a login file named grasslogin64? When is this
> file created and/or updated? If that's the reason db.copy is not working,
> how do I create that hidden file and move on?

   I assumed that I did not need to run db.login since I own the database.
Regardless, I ran db.login and ~/.grasslogin64 was created. Now I'm back to
not being able to open the source dbf table:

GRASS 6.5.svn (Nevada-aea):~/grassdata > db.copy from_dri=dbf to_dri=pg
to_data="host=localhost,dbname=nevada" from_tab=huc8 to_tab=huc8
dbmi: Protocol error
WARNING: Unable to open database <dbf> by driver <nevada>

   The driver is specified as 'from_dri=dbf' why's it think it's the
destination database name?

Rich