[GRASS-user] How To Identify db.copy Error?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 17 10:17:17 EDT 2011

   One of the tables I'm copying from dbf to the postgres database threw an
error:

DBMI-Postgres driver error:
Cannot create table:
create table hydro_pointEvent ( cat integer, ComID integer, Permanent_
varchar(40), EventDate varchar(10), ReachCode varchar(14), ReachSMDat
varchar(10), ReachResol integer, FeatureCom integer, Feature_Pe varchar(40),
FeatureCla integer, Source_Ori varchar(130), Source_Dat varchar(100),
Source_Fea varchar(40), FeatureDet varchar(254), Measure double precision,
Offset double precision, EventType integer )
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "Offset"
LINE 1: ...eatureDet varchar(254), Measure double precision, Offset dou...
                                                              ^
WARNING: Unable to create table <hydro_pointEvent>
WARNING: Copy table failed

   Is there a protocol I can use within GRASS to identify the syntax error?

TIA,

Rich