[GRASS-user] open map

Anja_Eva badera at student.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 21 09:42:37 EDT 2011

Hello there!

I'm a beginner in GRASS GIS 6.40RC4 and have problems to open a specific map
from Central America. Therefore I first created a new location, where I need
my map. Then I downloaded a map (in a zip format and I unzipped it. There
was one folder with different types of data. Some with the ending 'bil' and
some with 'hdr') from the internet on http://www.iscgm.org. As I tried to
open it in this new location in GRASS it didn't work. What do I have to do
to open a map? Is the generating of a new location necessary or can I just
open a map without that?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
Bye!

Anja_Eva