[GRASS-user] GRASS plugin

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:42:14 EDT 2011

Hi Maris,

2011/3/22 Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com>:
> Sören, just remind me, since when GRASS has a WPS server? AFAIK one
> still needs to set-up something like PyWPS to get WPS goodies from
> GRASS. I was playing around with different WPS implementations and
> PyWPS was only one I got running. I wouldn't call it "user-friendly"
> way how to provide analysis tools for endusers. OTOH I don't care, as
> I run GRASS svn ;)

Indeed it is currently not user friendly to install and configure a
WPS GRASS GIS environment and GRASS does not have a WPS server
included. But GRASS GIS 7 supports WPS server by providing the
capability of creating WPS XML process descriptions for every module.
And there is the wps-grass-bridge which implements direct GRASS GIS 7
back-end support for PyWPS and ZOO WPS. The 52N WPS server uses the
wps-grass-bridge to implement GRASS GIS support too.

My hope is that i.e. 52N will provide a graphical installer for there
WPS GRASS GIS 7 and Sextante solution to make the deployment and use
of a WPS server quite simple.

Best regards
Soeren