[GRASS-user] Re: How to extract z-coordiante and write it into attribute table?

TimNorwey timmy_weyrer at live.at
Wed Mar 23 12:25:50 EDT 2011

> Tim,
> the relative dispersion of our answers might be due to a lack of
> description of what your actually want to do.
>
> If you're still stuck, try to re-expose your problem clearly.

Sry for that. I will try it again.

A basis I have a .csv-file including LIDAR points. I imported that csv-file
via v.in.ascii into location A. Because I need this data in another
projection, I created a location B and used v.proj to reproject the point
cloud from location A to location B.

Now I would need the z-coordinate as attribute to it´s corresponding point.

As you recommended I tried to add the tables (v.db.addcol) and this worked.
Then I wanted to fill the columns using v.to.db. But this didn´t work.

Then I deleted all the files and imported the csv-file again using the same
workflow as before. Now I have the problem that there is no corresponding
table in the dbf-directory and so I cannot try to add columns as before.

I hope it´s all a little bit clearer.

Thanks,
tim