[GRASS-user] Re: Import Interlis format

Patrick S. patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Fri Mar 25 04:53:55 EDT 2011

Thanks Andreas,

But it just doesn't seem a right approach to me to convert a topological
format into a simple feature format to import it to GRASS. I am speaking
of some 300.000 polygons of buildings and X00.0000 parcels, which
created a lot of topological problems when I imported from shapefiles.
That's why I did ask the dataowner for the INTERLIS format.

Isn't there any other solution or exchange format that is topological?

Regards, Patrick

P.S. sorry for the late answer- but I was off for 2 Weeks