[GRASS-user] v.delaunay and v.category problem

Andrea Pogliaghi andrea.pogliaghi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 06:17:21 EDT 2011

Hi Maris,

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> as attributes belong to triangle froming nodes, how should output look
> like? Every triangle should get all three atributes? And what about
> lines? Two attributes, as every triangulation line has two nodes at
> their end?
>
> It makes sense that no attribute is associated to v.delaunay lines output
because the features (lines in my case as I'm using the -l switch) are
different from the nodes (even if having an output attribute table
containing, for instance, the attributes of the two nodes of each line would
be useful), but that is not the point.
The issue I'm facing is that I want to create a new attribute table for
these delaunay_lines with a new unique cat value for every line and compute
the length of each line, as I need to know which is their min, max and avg.

Cheers,
Andrea