[GRASS-user] Maximum number of points for v.what.rast

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Mon May 2 06:44:38 EDT 2011

Hi Moritz,

Thanks for responding.

>Which backend are you using ?

Backend is currently dbf (default). Is there a preferred option for speeding up
this type of query?

>Which process is running during all this time ?

Not sure exactly which process is running. I did --verbose but the chat stopped
after the "excluding x points outside region" message. Any tips on how to tell
which point it is sticking at would be gratefully received!

>The module executes each individual update query one at a time. Maybe it  might
>be more efficient >to group them into a temporary file with the  SQL statements
>and then run that all at once?

Sounds good but I have no idea how to do this - can you point me in the
direction of some more info so that I could try this method?

Many thanks,
Rebecca