[GRASS-user] r.mfilter

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Mon May 2 12:12:59 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I am currently putting together a script for a colleague to help automate some
DTM processing.

Part of this script involves a low pass filter applied using r.mfilter. When I
applied this command for my research I used GRASS 7, but my colleague will only
have access to GRASS 6.4.

There is a large discrepancy in the quality of the low pass r.mfilter output
between the two versions with 6.4 giving a stepped DTM that cannot be used for
further processing in this instance.

My questions are, what underlies this discrepancy and can I improve the
r.mfilter results from GRASS 6.4 to make them of equal quality to those of GRASS
7?

Thanks as always for your time,

Rebecca Bennett