[GRASS-user] error

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 2 13:03:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:25 PM, nsofina <nsofina at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Some time ago I installed a new version of GRASS (GRASS 6.4.1 (2011) for
> Windows. And now I can’t start some modules that I created by myself. I get
> the following error:
>

> Ungültiger Name der Vektorkarte <>. Darf nicht '.' oder 'NULL' enthalten.
> ERROR: Name der Ausgabe-Vektorkarte <> ist keine gültiger Kartenname.

[I see the grammatical error in the message which will be fixed for 6.4.2]

> I guess, this version of GRASS doesn't understand the definition of
> temporary files (for example, $TMPVECT)

How did you define $TMPVECT? The rules are this:
The naming convention for vector maps requires that map names start
with a character, not
a number (map name scheme: [A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_]*) - see also
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/vectorintro.html

hope this helps,
Markus