[GRASS-user] calculation of mean and standard deviation of several rasters

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Fri May 6 03:27:03 EDT 2011

Hello,

I've got several maps with the same regional extend and same resolution (output of several model runs). Now I'd like to calculate the mean and the standard deviation of each cell for all the overlaying rasters.

I just found the mode/median/min/max function of the mapcalculator. Is there a mean and SD function for mapcalc or is there any other way? Or do I have to calculate it by "hand" (defining the formula in mapcalc).

If not possible I also thought about exporting all maps to a numpy array and calculating with numpy/scipy but I'd like to do it in grass due to time reasons...

/johannes