[GRASS-user] Unable to start wxpython GUI in KDE

LeeDaniel Lee.Daniel.1986 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 05:18:09 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I should be asking here or in the development forum, but has
anybody else had trouble starting the wxpython GUI in KDE? I'm running
OpenSUSE 11.4 and when I select a location and mapset the splash screen
shows up, but then before one of the windows opens I get the following
message in the terminal:

GRASS 6.4.1 (Hayward_LiDAR):~ >
(python:3394): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkCheckButton'
to `GtkTreeView'

I haven't been able to find anything in the Internet that helped further
with this error, but it seems to be specific to KDE and perhaps also to
OpenSUSE 11.4. I also use GNOME and in GNOME GRASS is able to run the
wxpython GUI without any problems. Really would like be able to work in KDE
though.

Thanks a lot!
Daniel