[GRASS-user] Display postgis query

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:32:17 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a polygon map of municipalities and a separate table with
census data, like soy production per year (10 years of data) and other
data, for each municipality. What I'd like to do is to be able to
display a vector of a given query, for instance: all municipalities
that had soy production in 2005 above a certain level. Or display a
map where the polygon colors are a function of soy production in a
given year (cartograms).

Now, the problem is that, since I have 10 years of data and several
variables (soy, corn, GDP, population), I have the municipal map in
one table and the census data in a view with 2 million records and
both can be linked by municipal code.

I know that d.vect will let me put a where clause but, can I do a
query looking at another table (view). Or is it easier to create a
temp vector with the data I want (v.select or db.select maybe) and
then display the temp vect?

Thanks
Daniel

PS - Sory if the question is a bit fuzzy. I can try to describe it
better if needed