[GRASS-user] nviz...3D Raster

Michael Morin mmorin at cassblue.com
Sat May 14 21:27:45 EDT 2011

Hello techies,

I have a 7.5 min SDTS grid that I exported from ESRI Arcview as an ASCII Arc/Info GRID.  I imported the GRID into Grass...used Elevation Color map and all works fine.  I invoke NVIZ using the same raster as the elevation image and I get a blank in my nviz window....error in Command Window is the following:

(Sat May 14 20:11:02 2011)
nviz elevation=salsburydem at PERMANENT
Raster map <salsburydem at PERMANENT> is outside of current region. Load failed.
Error finding range

I am new to Grass having been and ESRI guy for 30 yrs so I am wondering what I might be doing wrong to get this 3D surface to draw?

I thank you all in advance.

Bonjour,

Michael D. Morin
mmorin at cassblue.com