[GRASS-user] Re: Using temp files in Grass Script

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon May 16 06:15:55 EDT 2011

Hello,
I found that thread about temporary maps...

e.g in my case in my python script i use:

    #Convert river from vector to raster format
    grass.run_command("v.to.rast",
                      input = "river_gen",
                      overwrite = True,
                      output = "river_raster",
                      use = "val",
                      value = res)

    #Thinning the rastarized river
    grass.run_command("r.thin",
                      input = "river_raster",
                      overwrite = True,
                      output = "river_raster_thin")

and here is the map river_raster only temporary for the thinning
process and the river_raster_thin is used for further calculations.
At the moment I have a g.remove to remove the river raster after
the thinning process but should I handle that with temporary files/maps
and if yes how is that exactly done in my python script?

/johannes