[GRASS-user] Using d.vect in python script

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:07:28 EDT 2011

Hi all,

It's my first grass python script using all the bells and whistles
(g.parser gui construction and the grass.run_command) so I might be
asking something silly.

Can I use d.vect and d.rast commands in python script so that the map
is displayed in the GUI? I'm running the grass script inside the
command console window.

For instance, if I type:

d.vect munic

in the command console, the munic vector is displayed in the GUI but,
if I put grass.run_command("d.vect", map=munic) in a python script and
run this from the command console, nothing happens.

Thanks for the help
Daniel