[GRASS-user] Installing two versions of grass

Chethan S. chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Thu May 19 08:21:49 EDT 2011

Hi all!

Currently I have two GRASS Versions - 6.4.2 and 6.5 SVN installed. I
download the SVN source code to my home folder and install it to the default
location, i.e., /usr/local/. Now there are grass-6.4.2svn and grass-6.5.svn
in my /usr/local folder and allied executables in /usr/local/bin as grass64
and grass65. Is it safe to have both of them in this way or will there be
conflicts when using gdal or such libraries. So far I haven't noticed any
conflicts.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.