[GRASS-user] Manually Defining Location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 23 10:33:46 EDT 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011, Bryan Keith wrote:

> I think a and b are defined by the ellipsoid. Are the a and b you
> specified the same as what clrk66 uses?

Bryan,

   Yes, they are. I do not know if they need to be explicitly specified or
are incorporated with the Clark ellipsoid.

> Everything else looks the same except for x and y, the false easting and
> false northing.  In proj.4 those are always specified in meters while in
> the wkt definition, I think those numbers are in the projection units.
> That's why I changed the numbers

> 152400.30480060959
> -609601.21920243837

   Aha! I did not make the connection that x and y need to be in meters since
that's the default for units.

   I'll give this a try -- probably from the command line -- and report
results.

Thanks,

Rich