[GRASS-user] Manual to own python script

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 23 16:04:10 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Johannes Radinger <JRadinger at gmx.at> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 16, 2011 Markus Neteler:
> Hello I am still not sure how to install the script. I've now a folder called MyScript including:
> * Makefile
> * MyScript.py
> * MyScript.py.html
>
> What should I do with this folder? I tried to put the folder into the bin directory but then I can't call the module anymore (nothing happens).

It must go into the source code or elsewhere.
If you decide to put it along the existing GRASS scripts, just run:
make
make install

otherwise
make MODULE_TOPDIR=/path/to/grass70src/
make MODULE_TOPDIR=/path/to/grass70src/ install

> Just for your information I work on Mac OSX and GRASS GIS 6.5SVN. I know it from the r.stream add-ons, I had to compile them and then put the add-ons manually into the bin folder and the html files into the html folder.

The latter should not be needed if you do the "install" step.

> But how to do it with my pyhton script?

It works the same way.

Markus